- The Website (www.marshandmarsh.co.uk) is operated by Marsh and Marsh Properties.
- Please read the following in conjunction with our General Data Protection statement to understand how we use and protect the information that you provide to us.
- By requesting an appointment or by providing an enquiry to this site, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
- This policy applies to this Website and to Marsh and Marsh Properties – hereafter known as the Company.
- This site contains links to other sites that may request additional information from you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites to which link from our site.
- The Company may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service.
- The Company is fully committed to compliance with the GDPR 2018 (which supersedes the Data Protection Act 1998) and the following principles will be applied when we handle personal information:
- Personal information is only used with your knowledge – to answer your enquiries or to satisfy an appointment or fulfil a request.
- Personal information is only seen by those who require it as part of their employment in the provision of goods or service to you.
- Only information required to manage this site or provide a requested service to you is collected.
- We will not pass personal information on to any other organisation without agreement unless required to do so by the law.
- Where necessary and to the best of our abilities, the Company will keep personal information up to date.
- Personal information will be protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure.
- Personal information is only retained for as long as it is required by law, as part of the supply of goods or services or to maintain accounting systems.
- Inaccurate or misleading information or data will be corrected as soon as possible, upon notification.
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information on request – free of charge – apart from actual costs – postage, paper and printing costs.
- These principles apply whether we hold your information on paper or in electronic form.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- In the course of using this Website or registering with it and any services offered via this Website or via any phone call or email you send direct to the Company, certain information about you will be captured electronically or otherwise and transmitted to the Company or and, to any third parties as set out below or to third parties who host our web servers or assist us in maintaining this Website; and
- You consent to the use, storage, or processing of your personal information by the Company (or any third party – accustomed to carrying out credit checks) for the purposes of carrying out any credit checks, and for the processing of payments in the event that you enter into any financial transaction with the Company.
Information we collect from you
- When you visit or register with this Website you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, email address and other contact details and credit or debit card information. We may collect details about your planned house move or purchase, including (but not exclusively) moving date and location, property type, price, age and condition.
- The information you provide enables us to provide you with quotations for and the supply of the services you have requested. It also enables us to contact you where necessary concerning any quotation or the delivery of any service requested.
Use of your information
- We will also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business. We will also use the information to determine the use you are making of the Website. In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the site or our services. There may be occasions when (as part of The Property Ombudsman’s (TPO) scheme) we need to contact some of our latest customer, asking them to complete a questionnaire or similar – and send it back to TPO.
- Further, where you have consented, we might also use your information to let you know about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you and we may contact you by post, telephone or fax, as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know.
- We may use the information that we collect to personalise your visit and experience on the Website, to help you log on in future and to continue to use the Website, and to help us select services or materials for inclusion on the Website that may be of interest to you.
- We may need to pass your information to third parties who help us to maintain, administer or develop the Website but, if so, that information is only given to those third parties for that limited purpose – your details will go no further.
- We also monitor traffic patterns and usage of our Website to help us improve our Website design and layout. We may pass this information to our partners or other third parties but it will not contain any personally identifying information.
- We will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission to do so or when require by law.
- The information you provide to us will be held on our computers in the UK and may be accessed by or given to our staff and third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, and provide support services on our behalf. We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our site to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
- If you have consented when providing us with your details, we may also allow carefully selected third parties, including other companies in our group, to contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you. They may contact you by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us know, by contacting us at the address set out below.
- The Company may want to contact you to notify you of news about the Company or any of its group companies, changes to the Website, new services or products that we think may interest you. The Company may telephone you to discuss the provision of any service or quotation requested. The Company may use your details and information to communicate to you offers for services or goods from other companies within the group or other companies which we think may be of interest to you.
- Any communication to you by email, other than those connected with the provision of a requested service will contain a link to enable you to request that no further communications should be sent.
- In addition, at any time thereafter, you change your mind and would rather not be contacted by the Company to receive information, please send an email with a short explanation that you no longer wish to receive such information.
- In these circumstances, the Company will not contact you again in relation to the information described above in this paragraph.
- However, the Company and/or its group companies will still use your details to send you information and communications in relation to the services we continue to provide to you.
http://www.google.com/privacy.html. This policy explains how Google treats your personal information and protects your privacy when you use the Service.
- We have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information in order to prevent unauthorized access to comply with the Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998.
Marsh and Marsh Properties
7 Brooke Green