What is the process of selling a house (based upon our CLASSIC option)?
- A free property valuation – generally carried out by several estate agents.
- Once you have seen a few agents, you then choose the one that you trust/prefer the most. Please remember, the estate agent works for you, not the other way around and you dictate the selling price of your property, not the estate agent so you don’t have to choose the agent that gave your preferred valuation figure, choose the one you trust to provide the best service.
- Inform the agent you have chosen (hopefully this will be Marsh and Marsh Properties) and then arrange for the next phase – the photos and plan drawing session. It is now that you need to make sure that your house is neat and tidy (see our later section on “Selling Tips”).
- We will draft your property Brochure and Plan and then send these to you along with a contract. This is your first opportunity to tweak the details as required. If you want to change anything we are more than happy to accommodate the changes. The most important thing is that you are happy with the way that your property is presented to prospective buyers.
- Once you have signed the contract and approved the sales details, then the property can begin being marketed.
- The “For Sale” board will arrive and be fixed in place.
- Your property details will appear on our website (www.marshandmarsh.co.uk).
- Your details will appear on Rightmove (www.rightmove.co.uk).
- Remember to keep your house as tidy as possible as it is now that there will be potential customers looking around your home. As they say – first impressions count.
- Also please remember, should you wish any of your details changing, please let us know, we are here to provide you with a service. We are happy to accommodate your required changes.
- When an offer is made on your property, we will inform you and you may comment, accept or decline the offer. We will then begin the negotiation process to encourage the prospective buyer.
- Eventually (hopefully) there will be a good offer that you accept. We then provide all relevant information to the respective solicitors for yourself and for the buyer. During this period we can act as a buffer between yourselves and the buyer and keep the process moving with the solicitors.
Tips for selling your home or how to make your home sell faster